Pickleball players at all levels improve their games with new paddles. With a wide range of options available, choosing the best pickleball paddle for your intermediate level ability can be a challenge.
In this blog post, we’ll take a look at some top-rated pickleball paddles for intermediate players and point out some important things to look out for. Keep reading to learn more!
What are the best Pickleball Paddles for intermediate players?
The Wilson Ultra Pro is a great option. It’s an excellent choice for beginners to intermediate players because of its versatility and performance. It strikes a great balance between vibration and stiffness.
The Pro Flight paddle is a good option if you’re an up-and-coming player who needs a balanced paddle with a firm response. It’s lighter than our top pick, the Bladerunner (which weighs 8.1 ounces), but it’s still heavy enough to feel sturdy and won’t feel too awkward when you’re hitting the ball hard.
The paddle also has a large, comfortable grip, so it should fit comfortably in most hands. The paddle’s smaller, wider face offers more surface area, so the ball should bounce off it with more speed.
The paddle’s closed-cell core is less dense than the Bladerunner’s core but still provides a solid feel. However, our testers largely preferred Bladerunner’s more firm response, which is more conducive to fast-paced play.
You have to buy the paddle through the manufacturer, but local retailers like Tennis Warehouse typically sell them for the same price.
- Best Polymer Core Pickleball Paddles
- Can a Pickleball Paddle Improve Tennis Elbow Strength?
- How Heavy Should a Beginner or Intermediate Pickleball Paddle Be Based on My Strength and Stamina?
Features to look for in the best Pickleball Paddle
The best pickleball paddle will be constructed of lightweight and durable materials. The paddle will also have certain features that make it easier to use for pickleball. The paddle should be large enough (usually between 18 and 22 inches) to allow you enough room to move your hand across the surface of the paddle.
The paddle should be constructed from a lightweight material like graphite, fiberglass, or carbon fiber. These materials will help the paddle remain lightweight but strong. The paddle should also be constructed of durable material, so it will last a long time.
Some paddles have a feature that makes it easier to keep the ball from hitting the ground. This feature is called a drop net. A drop net has small holes or notches on its surface. When the ball hits the drop net, it will drop quickly to the ground. This can help you play better pickleball.
The best pickleball paddle will also have a rubber grip. This will give you a better grip on the ball. Some paddles will have two grips – one on each side of the paddle.
Choosing the best pickleball paddle for your individual needs
Pickleball paddles come in many shapes and sizes, and choosing the right paddle for your individual needs can be challenging.
- The material: Most pickleball paddles are made out of either graphite or a composite. Graphite is lightweight and less prone to breaking, but it’s more expensive. Composites are cheaper, but they can be heavier.
- The grip: Grips come in all shapes and sizes, and some are more comfortable than others. But, grips aren’t just for aesthetics. The size and shape of the grip can also affect how comfortable you feel when wielding a paddle.
- The weight: Weight is also an important factor to consider when choosing a paddle. If you’re new to pickleball, you may want to invest in a lighter paddle.
- The length: Pickleball paddles are made of wood and density, so the length of the paddle will affect the weight. A longer, lower paddle will weigh more than a shorter, thicker paddle.
- The shape: The shape of the paddle also varies, and affects the weight. A paddle with a square shape will be heavier than an oval or round paddle, which will also be heavier than a triangle.
- The balance: The balance of the paddle affects the overall weight of the paddle. A heavy paddle can be difficult to control, so if you’re looking for a paddle that’s easier to move, you may want a lighter balance.
- Best Graphite Pickleball Paddle for Beginners
- What Size Pickleball Paddle?
- What Pickleball Paddles Are Banned
Pickleball paddles FAQ’s answered by experts
What are the different types of pickleball paddles?
There are four main types of paddles: paddle, blade, adjustable, and hybrid. Paddles are the most common, and are made up of a solid piece of wood. The paddle is used in the dominant hand, and the blade is used in the nondominant hand. Blades are thin pieces of wood, and come in varying lengths.
What is the benefit of using a paddle?
The main reason to use a paddle in pickleball is for control. Paddles allow for players to have better control over their shots, and provide added power when hitting the ball.
What is the benefit of using a blade?
Blades are lighter and easier to maneuver, and they provide players with a wider range of shots.
What is the benefit of an adjustable paddle?
Adjustable paddles offer the same benefits of blades, but can be adjusted so that players can adjust the length of the paddle.
What is a hybrid paddle?
Hybrid paddles are a combination of a paddle and blade. The body of the paddle is thick and solid, while the blade is thin. Most players use a hybrid paddle, and tend to prefer them.