Pickleball is a sport played on a hard surface (think tennis court). Players hit a white ball with a paddle and try to score points by hitting the opposing player’s paddle.
Pickleball can be a lot of fun. It’s a fast-paced game that is very easy to learn and can be played almost anywhere.
There are many different types of pickleball paddles available, including paddles made of wood, plastic, metal, and more.
In this blog post, we will explore some of the factors that you should consider when making your decision. We will also share which pickleball paddles we recommend for beginners, intermediate players, and advanced players.
In This Post
- How do I know what pickleball paddle to buy? or Which Pickleball Paddle should I buy?
- Best All-Rounder Pickleball Paddles of 2022
- My Suggestions for New Pickleball Players
- Best Paddles to Use in a Pickleball Tournament
How do I know what pickleball paddle to buy? or Which Pickleball Paddle should I buy?
This is a question that we get asked all the time. The answer, of course, depends on your skill level and what type of player you are.
If you are a beginner, we recommend purchasing a paddle that is lightweight and has a large surface area. This will help you to generate more power and keep the ball in play.
Our top pick for a beginner paddle is the Niuipipo MX-19 Pickleball Paddle. It has a large sweet spot, which allows you to make more shots and increases the chances of keeping the ball in play.
If you are an intermediate player, you may want to consider a paddle that is lightweight and has a smaller surface area. This will allow you to generate more power and control the ball better.
Our top pick for an intermediate player is the Selkirk Amped Epic Pickleball Paddle. It is lightweight and has a smaller surface area, making it the perfect paddle for intermediate players.
If you are an advanced player, you may want to consider a paddle that is lightweight but has a large surface area. This will allow you to generate more power and control the ball better.
Our top pick for an advanced player is the Pro-Lite Magnum Pickleball Paddle. It is lightweight and has a large surface area, making it perfect for advanced players.
Remember, you will need to purchase a pickleball paddle that is suitable for your skill level and what type of player you are. If you purchase a paddle that is too lightweight or has a large surface area, you may find it difficult to control the ball. Conversely, if you purchase a paddle that is too heavy or has a small surface area, you may find it difficult to generate power.
Best All-Rounder Pickleball Paddles of 2022
If you are looking for a great all-round paddle that will work well for beginners, intermediates, and advanced players, we recommend the following paddles:
Onix Z5 Graphite Pickleball Paddle
The Onix Z-series paddles have always been some of our most popular options, and the Z5 is no exception. This paddle is perfect for all skill levels, with a medium-sized hitting surface and an evenly balanced design. It also has a great grip that will help you to control the ball better.
- Graphite Z5 – Most popular pickleball paddle in the Onix line
- Superior control – Excellent touch paddle for superior ball control
- Paddle specs – Nomex, paper honeycomb core and graphite face
Paddletek Bantam Ex-L Pickleball Paddle
The Paddletek Bantam Ex-L paddle is another great all-around option that is perfect for beginners, intermediates and advanced players. It has a large surface area and a lightweight design, making it easy to generate power. It also has a great grip that will help you to control the ball better.
- THE PADDLETEK DIFFERENCE - Unbeatable power. Consistent control. Performance grip. Paddletek’s...
- SMART RESPONSE TECHNOLOGY - This professional pickleball paddle features responsive technology that...
- OPTIMAL CONTROL - Drive the ball across the court with paddles designed for maximum pop and a...
Selkirk AMPED S2 X5 Pickleball Paddle
The Selkirk AMPED S-series paddles have been extremely popular in the pickleball community for a while now, and we think they are a great option for advanced players. These paddles have an even balance and offer plenty of power, while still maintaining control over the ball.
- 【 HANDCRAFTED IN THE USA 】 More than the premier Pickleball brand – we are Pickleball. Every...
- 【 FIBERGLASS PICKLEBALL PADDLE 】 Pioneering an entirely new technology, never before seen in the...
- 【 X5 HONEYCOMB CORE 】 Built for consistent speed using advanced polypropylene honeycomb...
My Suggestions for New Pickleball Players
This is what I advise to my family and friends who inquire about purchasing paddles. My suggestions here are based on the criteria listed above, as well as my studying the specifications of the product.
An excellent value for a paddle suitable for tournaments (USAPA accredited) with a lot of positive reviews. This paddle is in line with the criteria I am looking for when I recommend the purchase of a paddle to a new purchaser for the first time. This is a set of 2 MX-01 paddles for those who are a friend in need of an additional paddle. This set includes four indoor pickleball.
- USAPA Approved and Professional Paddle: Our pickleball paddle has passed the USAP test and is...
- Advanced Materials and Incredible Value: Our pickleball paddle comes with a graphite carbon fiber...
- Premium Grip and Perfect Handle Size: The USAPA pro pickleball racquet is comfortable to handle and...
Gamma Micron 2.0
The Gamma Micron 2.0 appears very sleek to me. It’s USAPA approved and is at an affordable price. If you’re looking to purchase a well-known brand Brand This is an excellent entry-level paddle that I would recommend to you.
- MICRON 2.0 PADDLE: A midweight ~7.9 oz paddle with a textured fiberglass face providing a crisp feel...
- IMPROVE YOUR GAME: Pick a paddle suited to your skill level to boost your play on the court
- ARAMID HONEYCOMB CORE: A blend of power and control benefits beginners and experienced players alike
Best Paddles to Use in a Pickleball Tournament
Tournament players will want to use a paddle that is lightweight but has a large surface area. This will ensure you can generate power without compromising control.
My top pick for a tournament-level paddle is the Pro-Lite Titan Pickleball Paddle. It is lightweight and has a large surface area, making it perfect for advanced players.
Another great option for tournament players in the Selkirk AMPED S-series paddles. These paddles have an even balance and offer plenty of power, while still maintaining control over the ball.
The Onix Z-series paddles are also great options for tournament players because they are evenly balanced and offer plenty of control.
As you can see, there are a lot of considerations to take into account when selecting the best pickleball paddle for you. Hopefully, this guide has been helpful, and we wish you the best of luck in your search for a new paddle!
If you have any questions about which pickleball paddle to buy, please feel free to contact us.