In the world of pickleball, there are many different brands that make paddles and other equipment. But who makes the best pickleball paddles? This is a question that many people ask themselves when they want to start playing this amazing sport.
To answer this question, we will be reviewing three popular brands: Prince Sports, PickleBall Central, and Gearbox.
We will go through their best features as well as any pros or cons associated with each brand so you can decide for yourself which one might be right for you!
Prince Sports Pickleball Paddles
Prince Sports is a popular company for both tennis and pickleball. Their two most popular models are the Pro-series and the player’s series. The Pro Series has been around since 1978, so it’s one of their oldest products!
One unique feature about this paddle is that it comes with interchangeable faces which can be swapped out to change from hard sponge to soft foam depending on your preferences.
The Player’s Series offers lots of different colors and styles as well as an incredibly durable construction thanks to its reinforced fiberglass blades in a low-profile design. It also features easy-grip handles designed specifically for players with smaller hands.
The Pro-series is a little more expensive, but still has lots of great features. It’s also the most popular among professionals and players looking for a quality paddle without breaking the bank! Who knows? This might be your favorite pickleball paddle too!
Pros of prince sports pickleball paddles
- Great for professionals and advanced players
- Durable construction with reinforced fiberglass blades in a low profile design
- Interchangeable faces so you can choose hard sponge or soft foam depending on your preference.
Cons of prince sports pickleball paddles
- Not as affordable as some other brands since they are the older model, but still offers great value for the money!
- Why Are Pickleball Paddles So Expensive? [Get The Best Deal]
- When to Dink in Pickleball: Mastering the Art of Controlled Shots
- Where Can I Take Pickleball Lessons?
PickleBall Central Pickleball Paddles
Pickleball Central is a newer company that was founded in 2005. They offer two popular models: the top-of-the-line Pro Series and their budget-friendly Player’s Series.
The quality of this paddle is clear from its construction with carbon fiber blades, Durafoam handles, and high-end components such as graphite shafts and composite materials for more durability!
Who doesn’t love getting a lot for their money? The best part about these paddles is that they come with Pickleball Central’s Lifetime Guarantee which covers everything but normal wear and tear or misuse to make sure you never have to buy another pickleball paddle again if something goes wrong!
Pros of pickleball central pickleball paddles
- High-end construction with carbon fiber blades, Durafoam handles, and high-quality components such as graphite shafts
- Lifetime Guarantee covers everything but normal wear and tear or misuse
Cons of pickleball central pickleball paddles
- More expensive than other brands, but still offers great value for the money!
Gearbox pickleball paddles
Gearbox paddles are also a newer company founded in 2011. They offer their X series, GX series, and GH series, which are designed for professionals who want to be able to hit topspin shots with ease without being too hard on themselves.
They also offer their X-H series which is designed for players who want a paddle that offers the same shots as the GX and GH series but without some of the more expensive features.
The best part about Gearbox paddles are they come with a Lifetime Warranty so if anything does happen to go wrong within this period you can get it replaced! Who doesn’t love being able to enjoy their gear worry-free?
Pros of gearbox pickleball paddles
- Designed for professionals who want to be able to hit topspin shots without being too hard on themselves
- Quality construction with graphite shafts and composite materials, as well as low-profile blades that are great for advanced players.
Cons of gearbox pickleball paddles
- The paddles in the X-H series might be a little too light for some players and not offer enough power
- The paddles in the GH series are very expensive, but still offer great value for the money!
- What are the Rules for “Serve Rotation” in Pickleball?
- How Long to Get Good at Pickleball
- Are Lines Good in Pickleball?
Who makes the best pickleball paddles?
Pickleball Central is our favorite pick of these three companies to choose from. They offer a wide variety of paddles for all price ranges and they are usually in stock so you don’t have to wait long before getting your product (which we really liked!).
And we also liked that if anything goes wrong with a paddle, they will just give customers a new one without any extra charge.
We were less impressed by Prince Sports because their prices are high and there was no warranty available for the paddles which means you can’t replace them when something happens to yours.
And Gearbox seemed alright but not as great as our top pick.
Why Is Choosing The Right Pickleball Paddle So Important?
It’s really important to choose the right pickleball paddle because how much you enjoy playing will depend on the type of paddles you are using. Who wants to play with a difficult paddle that they don’t enjoy?
The key thing when choosing which paddle to buy is how much you are willing to spend. Pickleball paddles can range in price from $50 for the cheapest models up to around $500, but what we recommend for beginners is starting with a mid-range model that will cost between $100-$200 because they offer good quality construction and are usually priced reasonably.
- Pickleball for Seniors: Is it Good or Bad? (We Ask Health Professional)
- Which Grip Is Best for Pickleball?
- Cost Of Installing A Pickleball Court in 2023
Choosing the right paddle for you can be very helpful in your overall game. Paddles are available in a multitude of sizes, colors, and materials. The three brands we reviewed, Prince Sports, PickleBall Central, and Gearbox are all trusted names in the pickleball industry. So if you’re looking to buy a new paddle, be sure to check out Pickleball Central!