Pickleball is a sport that has been around for many years and is growing in popularity. How do you know if the pickleball paddle grip size will be good enough for your needs?
This article will teach you How To Measure Grip Size For Pickleball Paddle so you can find the right one. We’ll discuss long-handle pickleball paddles, too. Read on to learn more about this exciting game!
In This Post
Why Does Grip Size of pickleball paddle Matter?
Picking the right grip size is crucial in order to succeed at your pickleball game. Bigger grips are typically for people who have larger hands and shorter fingers, while smaller ones would be recommended for those with small or delicate hands that need more control over their movements.
A good rule of thumb when selecting a paddle’s grip size is if you can’t comfortably wrap all four fingertips around it without removing any from contact then get a bigger one! It will make playing much easier on your wrist and hand muscles because they’ll feel less cramped up after long hours of playtime.
How To Measure Grip Size For Pickleball Paddle?
Picking the appropriate grip for pickleball paddles can be a little tricky. How To Measure Grip Size For Pickleball Paddle is important because you need something that will feel comfortable and work well with your skillset.
If you want to measure your grip size, just follow these simple steps:
- Measure the circumference of your hand at its widest point.
- If this number is smaller than four inches then you will need a small grip pickleball paddle with an under grip (to give more control). A large one would be too big for you! On the other hand, if it’s over four inches in circumference then buy a larger grip and get ready to show off those muscles!
- Once you have measured your hands’ width, place two fingers from each on either side on top of where they meet together at their tips. The distance between them should fit around the diameter of the ball without squeezing tightly or hanging loosely.
Tip: You can use a ruler to measure the width of your hand at its widest point. But I recommend using two fingers from each on either side and estimating where they meet together at their tips.
How To Select Appropriate Grip size For Your Hands?
The grip size for pickleball paddles is based on the width of your hand. How can you measure that? You’ll need to use either a ruler or a piece of paper as follows:
There are three different ways to measure grip size for pickleball paddles.
- The first is the width of your hand, from the tip of one thumb to the other.
- The second measurement is how wide you want your handle to be.
- And thirdly, use a measuring tape and wrap it around your palm where you would hold the paddle with an open hand and then add two inches (or centimeters) for grip space on each side.
- Measurements should be taken in inches or centimeters because they will give you more accurate measurements than using feet or meters.
- You can also find out what size paddle suits you by looking at paddles that have been used before; there’s usually a sticker attached indicating its dimensions.
Important Note: Pickleball players vary in height and hand size, so it’s tough to find one-size-fits-all.
How To Increase The Grip Size Of A Pickleball Paddle
Pickleball is one of the most popular games to hit America. However, it’s not easy for everyone to find a pickleball paddle that fits their grip size!
Below we discuss two methods to increase the grip size of your beloved paddle:
- Remove the rubber grip from your paddle
- Add a layer of foam tape to the top and bottom of the paddle handle, making sure not to overlap any pieces
- Cut out two strips of foam tape that are about 1/4 inch wide and long enough to wrap around each side of the paddle handle
- Place each strip on either side so they fit snugly against the handle but do not overlap with other strips
- Wrap one end over the other, then trim off any excess that is sticking out past where you wrapped it together
- Repeat this process for both sides of your pickleball paddle until you have a new custom-made grip!
One way to get more grip size on a pickleball paddle is by cutting the handle off of an old tennis racket and attaching it to your desired. This will give you increased surface area for gripping, which can be helpful when playing in humid conditions that make your hands sweat excessively.
Pickleball has been around for many years and is still going strong. If you’re looking to get into this exciting game, it’s important that you find the right pickleball paddle grip size so your experience is a good one!
Whether you prefer short-handled or long-handled paddles, we can help you find what will work best for your needs. We hope this article was helpful in answering some of the most common questions about how to measure grip size for pickleball paddles.